~ Sandpit or tray with a good layer of sand
~ Plastic cups
~ Baking soda (2 tablespoons)
~ Vinegar (1/2 cup)
~ Food Colouring
1. Use your hands to make a volcano shape in the sand.
2. Scoop out a hole in the top and push a plastic cup into the hole.
3. Add the baking soda to the cup.
4. Pour the vinegar into another plastic cup and add a few drops of food colouring.
5. Pour the vinegar mixture into the baking soda and watch it bubble over the top like a volcano!
6. Be prepared for the smell of vinegar in the sand for the next few hours!