GROSS MOTOR SKILLS
~ Large open space, such as a garden or park
~ Suitable shoes for hopping
~ Posts in the park, or plastic markers
1. Choose a certain post or object, or use your plastic markers, to decide on a distance to hop to.
2. Stand next to each other on the starting ‘line’.
3. Let your child know what point you are both hopping to.
4. Say ‘Ready, Steady, Go’ and hop!
5. Let your child win most of the races – you can win some too!
6. Continue your races until both of you are all worn out.