~ Washed empty yoghurt pots or egg shells
~ Paint or felt pens
~ Kitchen roll
~ Cotton wool
~ Cress seeds
1. Paint your yoghurt pots or egg shells.
2. Let them dry and then draw faces on to them.
3. Wet some scrunched up kitchen roll and push it into the bottom of the pot.
4. Add a thin layer of damp cotton wool, leaving a gap of about 2cm below the top of the pot.
5. Sprinkle the cress seeds on top of the cotton wool, pressing them down lightly.
6. Try to make sure they are evenly spread over the cotton wool.
7. Leave the pot in a warm light place like a window sill.
8. Check daily for signs of growth, which should happen after about 7 days. Make sure that the cotton wool remains damp and add a little water if necessary.
9. When your cress has grown you can cut it, rinse it and eat it. Yum!